Wednesday, July 20, 2011

RESTLESS HURF

So, as my time in LA is coming to an end (which has been lovely, btw), I'm coming to the paralyzing realization that I do not really want to go back to MCAD for another semester.

I've been basically living the DREAM LIFE at my internship. I mean, I get to design ALL DAY, and I get to go home and BE DONE, and I get to HAVE WEEKENDS. (Also surrounded by comics constantly.) So I'm NOT looking forward to returning to art school where I don't have any free time, am constantly on the edge of being sent to the hospital in an overworked ball of stress, and have to work at the goddamned aquarium on the weekends. It's just--AGH. It sounds AWFUL.

Not that I don't love MCAD. It is great. I am excited for my classes and looking forward to doing more work and SO READY to show off my senior thesis and win all the awards. But. I'm just--really really done with art school. I want to have a salaried job and work 9-5 and pay off my loans and move to a nicer apartment by the river and get a corgi named Bonaparte. Basically I want to be an actual fucking adult and not an art school kid in a purgatory of bullshit critiques.

I want to have a job that I care about. Because I know going back to the shithole that is the aquarium is going to be the death of me. So when I see all these REALLY COOL/NERDY design jobs opening up it frustrates me because I can't apply to them because I still have four months of school left. UGH AND I'D TOTALLY GET THEM TOO BECAUSE I INTERN AT A FREAKIN' COMIC PUBLISHER. That is like. Instant qualification for any nerdy job.

SO I AM RESTLESS.

Sorry for ranting at you.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment