Friday, February 4, 2011

Vixen: Typographic Quandaries

Getting down to business and starting the long, long process of actually making pages. I have the first couple penciled and the first page completed entirely.


I spent most of the time spent doing this changing the typeface and size until I was about to kill myself. From a design standpoint I like the script face in context with the Victorian theme...but from a readability standpoint aiehtawoeghawigavj. Type vomit is about the only way to describe my frustration.

Before I throw the script face out the window, I'll need to do print test at actual size and see if it makes a difference. But, if all else fails...I think I may be spending my Saturday night creating my own typeface. It's something I've been meaning to do for awhile (along with move to the moon and befriend all cats) and I think it may be the only way to get the typography right on this sucker since what I'm looking for is so specific.

Also, fucking trees. Why do you have to be so textured? :V

No comments:

Post a Comment